Welcome to my blog!

This site is a way for me to share my latest paintings and also the different styles I like working in. If you would like to commission some artwork please do so via the link from my main website www.nileshmistryart.com

I hope you enjoy looking at my work.

Sunday 6 June 2010

The White King...


...or a portrait of a young chess enthusiast.

I like the idea of dressing people up in costumes that lift them out of their everyday personas, or as in this case, celebrates one of their hobbies. I particularly enjoyed painting the crown with all it's jewels ( and adding glitter for that extra sparkle )!

The paintings of Gustav Klimt are an influence on this piece. I love the way in his portraits he contrasts realistic faces with highly stylized, decorative backgrounds

No comments:

Post a Comment