Welcome to my blog!

This site is a way for me to share my latest paintings and also the different styles I like working in. If you would like to commission some artwork please do so via the link from my main website www.nileshmistryart.com

I hope you enjoy looking at my work.

Friday 2 April 2010

Temperance


The second in my series of Tarot cards is Temperance. In my research I've come across various interpretations of the cards and as it's hard to accomodate all their subtleties I have just gone with the basic meaning. Anyway, it's the image that I am more interested in!

Usually represented by a woman pouring water from one cup to another - Temperance symbolizes moderation and the blending of opposites. I have represented this by the goddess Ganga with her pots of sacred water, at the moment she descends from the skies and unites Heaven and Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment